Although college seems like a long way away, it really is only a few short years. Below are a list of activities for you to do over the summer. Starting early will make the college search process easier.
- Check the graduation requirements of your school and make sure you have everything in place.
- Review your extracurricular activities. Is there anything new you want to try?
- Begin to organize the items you’ll need for college applications.
- Begin to research scholarships. There are some you can apply for early in high school..
- Start working on your resume.
- Keep track of your volunteer work. Volunteer in areas that are of potential career interest to you.
- When you’re on vacation, go on some college tours.
- Go on college tours near you – see a large school, a medium school and a small school. Write down what you like and don’t like about each. Then look at an urban, suburban and a school in the country. Write down what you like and don’t like about each.
- Start looking into college majors and career choices.
Call and speak to one of our counselors if you have any questions – 630-907-9830.